Merchandise Category: Possibilities for and Consequences of Changes
Be aware of the following when you change merchandise categories:
- It is only possible to delete a merchandise category if there are no articles left in it and it is no longer assigned to stores.
- Merchandise category descriptions: from a system viewpoint there are no restrictions to changing these.
- Merchandise category value-only articles: it is not possible to change the assignment.
- Merchandise category reference articles: from a system viewpoint there are no restrictions to changing these. Any changes you make only affect those articles which are created subsequently using the reference article. If a reference article is no longer assigned to any merchandise category, it is flagged for deletion. It is deleted in the next article reorganization run.
- Merchandise category hierarchy levels: these can be changed if no articles are assigned to the merchandise category any more.
- Hierarchy articles: it is not possible to change the assignment.