Vendors: Changing the Assignment of a Vendor Hierarchy Node
The structure of your vendor's organization has changed. You want to make corresponding changes in the vendor hierarchy.
When you reassign a node or vendor within a hierarchy, all dependent nodes and vendor master records are automatically reassigned as well.
Reassigning a Vendor Within a Hierarchy
1. From the Retailing menu, choose Master data® Vendor.
2. Choose Vendor ® Hierarchy ® Change.
3. Enter a vendor hierarchy category (the standard version includes only one category: A) and a validity date. Choose Program ® Execute.
The system displays a list of existing vendor hierarchies that are valid for the data you entered.
4. Choose the vendor you want to move and choose Edit ® Nodes ® Cut.
The system removes the vendor from the existing assignment and displays it as a single node in the overview screen.
5. Choose the vendor again and choose Edit ® Nodes ® Reassign.
A dialog box lists all nodes with the same organizational data as the vendor you want to reassign.
6. Choose the appropriate node and Choose.
The system automatically assigns the vendor to the new location.
7. Save your data.
Reassigning a Sub-Hierarchy
You can also move an entire sub-hierarchy to another location within a vendor hierarchy or even to another hierarchy, if the organizational data permits this.
1. Choose the highest-level node of the sub-hierarchy and choose Edit® Sub-tree ® Cut.
The system removes the sub-hierarchy from the vendor hierarchy and displays it as a separate hierarchy.
2. To reassign the sub-hierarchy to a different location in the original vendor hierarchy, choose the highest-level node of the removed sub-hierarchy and choose Edit ® Sub-tree ® Reassign.
A dialog box lists all nodes with the same organizational data as the sub-hierarchy you want to reassign.
3. Choose the appropriate node and Choose.
The system automatically makes the new assignment.
4. Save your data.