To create a site master record, proceed as follows:
Site Create: Initial Screen enter the site number, a site profile, and the reference site number if you are using one.
- On the
Choose ENTER. The screen for entering general site data appears.
Site profiles curr.
If you enter a reference site on the initial screen, the system proposes general site master data (merchandise category, organizational data, departments, etc.) from the reference site.
- The site profile determines the category of site involved (store or distribution center) and how merchandise is to be settled up between the sites (with internal settlement, without internal settlement, external settlement). The site profile can also contain a reference site and a copy rule for the Customizing settings that are to be copied from the reference site to the new site. The site profile also determines which fields are displayed on subsequent screens and whether the fields are optional or compulsory.
If you only enter a reference site, the system will always use the site profile defined for that reference site.
You can display the site profile on the subsequent screen by choosing menu path Customizing
- Maintain the general data for the site.
- Purchasing organization
If you do not enter a purchasing organization, all purchasing organizations the site is assigned to in Customizing will be responsible for the site.
- Distribution chain (sales organization and distribution channel)
Enter the distribution chain to which the site belongs. A site is assigned to exactly one distribution chain. On the basis of this assignment, the site can use this distribution chain as a means of supply. In the customer data, you maintain sales segments which the site is allowed to procure merchandise from.
You can only assign a number of distribution chains (which the site can procure merchandise from) and different purchasing organizations once you have created a site and subsequently changed it via Site
Change. On the change general site data screen choose the option for distribution chains for site or for purchasing organization. A new window appears. You can maintain further assignments here.
- General site data relating to the address, valuation and inventory management, assortment listing, replenishment planning, purchasing, POS (e.g. assortment list), and layout.
- You can either maintain layout data in the general data for the whole site or at departmental level.
- When you create a site, you can set a client-wide block for specific customer activities for a specific period. To do so, maintain the data in the Block field group. The block is only activated by a batch run.
Customer Processing for Site).
In the steps that follow, maintain the additional data for the site (
Additional Site Data).
Maintain the vendor data for the site (
Vendor Processing for Site).
From the menu, choose Customizing
Copy for site. If you have entered a reference site, the system will display the Customizing settings that will be copied that will be copied when you save.
- Maintain the customer data for the site (
If you have not yet assigned a reference site to a site or if you wish to assign a different one, enter the site number and choose List
New selection. The system will then display the relevant tables.
You can also use a different copy rule to enable you to copy fewer Customizing settings, for example.
The different colors are used to show which tables contain entries for the reference site and which do not. By double-clicking on a line, you can change the entries for the reference site in the relevant Customizing tables.
If you make changes to Customizing settings for a reference site, these changes are not updated in sites which the settings have already been copied to.
Confirm to copy the table entries and their contents.
- Save your entries.
Notes and Remarks:
Changes you subsequently make to the site profile only affect the field status and the account group of the vendor (providing vendor data has not yet been created).
The fact that the site number is entered in the customer and vendor masters and the customer and vendor numbers are entered in the site master means that there is a link between the different functions carried out by a site (site, vendor, customer).