To use the accessibility features of SAP products you must ensure that the accessibility option has been selected. To select accessibility options follow the instructions listed below.
The following add-on needs to be installed on top of SAP GUI and the screen reader (see SAP Note 740785):
· SAP GUI Screen Reader Extension (provided by SAP)
We recommend that you use the following settings in the Windows control panel under SAP Configuration:
· Use the “accessibility mode” by selecting the checkbox to accommodate both blind and visually impaired users. The “accessibility mode” automatically turns on the “classic” design.
· Deselect the Notify when a script attaches to a running GUI checkbox.
The following settings are required in the SAP GUI for Windows options dialog (can be reached using ALT-F12):
· On the Options tab, select Dialog box in the Messages group.
· On the Scripting tab, deselect Notify when a script attaches to a running GUI (if not already deselected using SAP configuration from the Windows control panel.
The following user settings (Help ® settings) are required:
· Set F4 help to modal
Unless a screen magnifier is used, the font size can be adjusted according to the user’s needs.
The following application server settings are required to activate the screen reader extension:
· SAP GUI scripting must be enabled (see SAP Note 480149)
For more about SAP GUI scripting and security related questions, see SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/sapgui ® SAP GUI Scripting.
Make sure that the accessibility flag is selected on the system logon screen.
The strategic GUI for delivering accessible mySAP solutions is the SAP GUI 6.40 together with the screen reader Jaws ™ by Freedom Scientific except for the following functionality, which requires SAP GUI for HTML to be used:
· Flow logic-based applications ® SAP WebGUI with ITS 6.20
· Template-based applications ® SAP WebGUI with ITS 6.40
To activate portal accessibility features, activate the accessibility checkbox in the user registration form.
If BI is running on the Portal, accessibility features have to be activated in the user profile in EP. In all other cases the URL parameter ACCESSIBILITY=X or SAP-ACCESSIBILITY=X has to be set.