To be able to use life and work events applications, you have to implement and configure Guided Procedures. For general information about Guided Procedures, see CAF Guided Procedures.
The same system prerequisites apply to Guided Procedures as to Employee Self-Service in general. For more information, see Configuration of Employee Self-Services.
In addition, you require various roles:
· You require the following portal roles to create and manage processes for life and work events:
¡ Guided Procedures Administration (com.sap.caf.eu.gp.roles.administration)
¡ Guided Procedures Design Time (com.sap.caf.eu.gp.roles.designtime)
¡ Guided Procedures Run Time (com.sap.caf.eu.gp.roles.runtime)
· To execute processes, you require only the Employee Self-Service role (com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service). Ensure that the employees have the authorizations required for the Employee Self-Service role.
The employees who are to carry out the life and work events do not therefore require the portal roles for creating and managing processes.
1. You deploy the life and work event process templates.
Deploy the SCA file for ESS. This file also contains the applications that are used by the processes.
At the same time, deploy the ess~us~lwegp development component. The development component contains the process templates. (These are sample processes for the US-country version, for other countries, refer to SAP Note 929447.)
2. You deploy the Business Package for Employee Self-Service (ESS).
This makes the required iViews and HTML pages for the self-service homepage available, which you can then incorporate in the area pages.
3. You check in the Guided Procedures Design Time area that the folder structure exists.
Initially, no objects are visible in the individual folders. You use the subsequent steps to make the objects available in the folders.
4. You release all the required standard processes (such as Benefits, Birth/Adoption) individually in the Administration area of the Guided Procedures.
For information about the processes contained in the standard system, see Life and Work Events.
To release the individual processes, proceed as follows:
a. In the Administration area, choose Transport ® Manage Imported Objects.
b. Select the required process and choose Add.
c. Select all objects and choose Add.
You have now added the process and the related objects to the objects that are to be released.
d. Carry out the step for each process you require.
e. Release the processes.
5. In the Guided Procedures Design Time area, you subsequently check that the processes and objects have been released and are available there.
By releasing the standard processes, you also release the following related objects:
¡ Blocks belonging to the standard processes
¡ Actions and executable objects
¡ Content package
The objects are then visible in the folders in the Design Time area.
6. You make the required Customizing settings in the back-end system.
If you want to use only the processes available in the standard system, you do not have to carry out this step. All the required settings are provided in the standard system.
If you want to create and use your own life and work processes, you have to make additional settings. For more information, see Creating Life and Work Event Processes.
7. You process the standard portal roles for each process in the Design Time area. To assign the required users to the portal roles, proceed as follows:
a. Select the required activity.
b. In the detailed view, choose Standard Roles.
c. Select the required user and choose Add.
d. Select the required portal role and assign it to the selected users.