When the returned merchandise has been checked, you receive an analysis result. You then decide, on the basis of this result, which subsequent steps you want to carry out with the returned goods.
You will need certain authorizations to execute the relevant transactions, enter the analysis results, and perform settlement.
When the analysis results are available, you can create the analysis document based on the sales returns document.
If you have already created the analysis document, you can revise and supplement it. In addition to the analyzed quantities and their results, you also enter the quantities for the credit memo and the material document in this step.
1. Create the analysis result when you have entered the returns order.
2. Enter the number of the sales returns document for which you want to enter the analysis results.
3. When you enter the analysis, you have to enter the proportional order quantity and the stock quantity in the analysis items. A difference can arise between these two quantities, which results in a goods receipt reversal document. The date of the goods receipt reversal document can be the same as the date of the goods receipt document, but may also be different. If you have already submitted the tax return for excise duty, you will normally have to choose a different date.
4. Enter the date for the inventory adjustment posting in the header area of the analysis screen. The system then automatically copies this date into all the analysis items that have not been settled yet when it checks the data.
5. When you click the Empties Credit Memo button, the system generates a credit memo for returned empties (deposit value of the returned full product). Because the empties do not usually have any defects, you can credit the customer with the deposit value of the allegedly defective full product in advance. The empties quantities in the credit memo are identical to the quantities in the entry document.
The empties credit memo that is created here has the following effects on the subsequent settlement:
¡ The system will not take the empties into account in later credit memos
¡ The system will not update the stock quantities until the empties are settled
¡ You can only generate an empties credit memo once for a sales returns order
6. If the system determines a difference between the proportional order quantity and the stock quantity within an analysis item (in the analysis document), then an inventory adjustment document is created for the material of this item. The difference document is a reversal document for the goods receipt posting, and reduces the goods receipt quantity for the sales returns order by this difference.
You can also enter additional information for statistics purposes.
§ You enter the analyzed quantity using the unit of measure from the order item. If empties are present, the empties items in the subsequent documents are derived from the analyzed quantity and unit of measure of the order item. You can enter the quantities for the sales document and the material document in a different unit of measure.
§ You can enter one or more analysis items for each order item. The system generates a separate item in the sales document and the material document for each analysis item.
§ Empties items are not displayed in the order items, nor are they analyzed. The system automatically copies the empties items to the follow-on documents based on the proportional order quantity.