Flow (SD-SLS-SO Sales Order Entry)
If you use the Internet application component for entering the status of your sales orders, the following process takes place:
- You offer a range of products to your customer. The customer can enter the product they want in the shopping basket.
- The system asks the customer if he or she is new or an existing customer. If the customer is new in the system, it runs the registration process to record the cusotmer data. It creates a customer master record in the R/3 System and assigns a customer number and an initial password to the customer. Company code, sales organization, division and other data are taken from a reference customer master record contained in the R/3 System. This means that the customer master record is almost complete when the customer logs on for the first time and he or she only needs to enter address data. They can change their password and address data at any time. The customer master records are created in real time so that the customer can order straight away.
- The customer can create a quotation for the products in the shopping basket, according to the prices defined for that customer. The system then displays the total price and the delivery date for the selected prices.
- If the customer accepts this quotation, the R/3 System creates a sales order that can be processed immediately.
The system displays the sales order number which the customer uses to inquire about the status of the order. This status inquiry displays exactly where the sales order is in the processing chain, for example, if the delivery is already on the way.
You can either now place the orders created on the Internet in a work list to be checked, or you can use the orders to create a work list to be processed immediately in the shipping department.
- The customer can choose between paying by invoice or credit card. Invoices are managed in the R/3 System in the same way as normal billing documents. If the customer decides to pay by credit card, the system checks the card, and once it has been authorized, processing can continue.
Example (SD-SLS-GF Sales Order Entry)