Question & Answer database
The Question & Answer database (Q&Adb), through which you navigate using the,
SAP Reference Structure, is the key tool you use to define your business requirements when implementing your SAP System.
You can use it to set your project scope in a process-specific manner and to draw up your Business Blueprint. As well as the standard Q&Adb, industry-specific versions (for the consumer products and automotive industry) and for Global ASAP are available.
Items in the SAP Reference Structure are assigned elements that are stored under the tabs Business Analysis, Information and Technical Analysis on the right of the screen. Here you will find:
- Information such as SAP documentation, transactions, information on input and output, and organizational units
- Business-specific information, such as project documentation, Questions, CI templates, and technical data (for example, on conversions and interfaces)
- The substructures of the SAP Reference Structure are organized according to specific topics or according to enterprise areas, helping you to map your enterprise’s requirements to the SAP System.
- You can assign IMG activities to structure items, allowing you to automatically generate a Project IMG for the enterprise areas that have been set in scope.
- The Project IMG serves as a basis for the ASAP - IMG link, which makes it easier for you to make configuration settings. From the BPML, you can go directly to the IMG activities that are relevant for a particular structure item that has been set in scope.
In an industry-specific implementation project, you use value chains to generate your Business Blueprint. Value chains describe all key processes for a specific industry, across all enterprise areas. In an industry-specific Q&Adb, these value chains are located in the Business Processes substructure within the standard SAP Reference Structure.
Business Process Master List), Organizational Structure Lists, Development Lists, Authorization Lists).
Issues Database is also part of the Q&Adb. Here you can gather open issues that occur during your implementation project.
You can assign owners to structure items, and may edit or model them as required. For more information see
SAP Reference Structure.
- The Q&Adb contains a flexible reporting system, allowing you to generate Business Overview reports, Business Blueprint reports, and master lists (for example,