Company Code Specifications for the Payment Method
The conditions under which each payment method is used must be defined for each company code that makes payments. (
Company Code-Specific Definitions for the Payment Method: Graphic shows those specifications that are used for the payment method "check" in Germany).
- To do this, enter a minimum and a maximum amount for a payment (1). This tells the program the value range within which the payment method can be selected by the payment program. Note that unless you specify a maximum amount, the payment method cannot be used at all. This value range does not apply if the payment method is specified in the open item.
- You also specify whether the payment method can be used for foreign payment transactions. You specify whether payment is made if
- The customer or vendor is based abroad (2)
- The bank to which the payment is made is based abroad (3)
- You specify whether it is possible to use the payment method in question to pay in foreign currency (4) in which case any currency can be used.
You can also specify particular currencies per payment method and country. If this payment method is selected, payments are only processed in one of the currencies specified.
If you wish to define particular currencies, choose the function Currencies in the country-specific details for each payment method.
If the payment method allows only payments in local currency, then any foreign currencies you may have defined are ignored.
- During a transition phase, both the existing local currency and the EURO can be used for domestic bank transfers. To enable this, define payments in foreign currency as permitted for the payment method Bank transfer and the EURO and the existing local currency are possible currencies.
- You can use a payment method such as EURO bank transfer for certain currencies only.
- You use foreign currency checks with pre-printed currency key (for example USD checks) and you wish to set up a payment method with which you make payments in USD only, whereby USD is not your local currency.
- You specify if the payment method should include the attribute Payment per Due Date. This indicator ensures that a payment will be created for each due date. Items to be paid are then grouped according to due date, and instead of one payment being generated, as many payments are generated as there are different due dates.
For the payment method "check", you do not specify any minimum amount limits since this payment method is used if other payment methods cannot be used. You must specify a maximum amount because otherwise the payment method cannot be used. The customer or vendor can be located abroad. The customer/vendor’s bank is irrelevant for check payments. Foreign payment transactions are therefore possible. Payments in foreign currencies are permitted.