Customizing the Payment Program
This section describes how to make the necessary specifications for the payment program.
Before you can use the payment program, you need to define:
- Your house banks and the accounts at your banks
- The required payment methods
- The necessary payment forms
The standard system has predefined payment methods and payment forms. You can copy them and adapt them to meet your own requirements.
Payment program configuration involves determining:
- What is to be paid. To do this, you specify rules according to which the open items are selected and grouped for payment.
- When payment is carried out. The due date of the open items determines when payment is carried out. However, you can specify the payment deadline in more detail via configuration.
- To whom the payment is made. You specify the payee.
- How the payment is made. You determine rules that are used to select a payment method.
- From where the payment is made. You determine rules that are used to select a bank and a bank account for the payment.
The above rules and conditions must be defined if the payment program is to determine the above-mentioned information automatically. However, you can also specify this information manually.
Most of the aforementioned specifications are company code-specific, enabling you to configure the payment program to suit the differing requirements of each company code.
- The settings for the payment program are made under Payment Program in the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable section of the Implementation Guide.
Layout set from the R/3 System initial screen.
- Payment forms are defined by following the menu path Tools
Spool administration or Spool
- To define printers and character sets, select Tools