SAP Records Management is not a component of the SAP Web Application Server. It is a separate component that requires its own license.
SAP Records Management is a system for the electronic management of records. By converting from paper records to electronic records, you can enjoy all the advantages of a paperless office:
· No storage costs for records
· No time-consuming and expensive copying procedures
· No physical transport of records
· Optimal retrieval of information
· Decentralized and faster access to all parts of a record
· Simultaneous read access to a document for more than one person
· Immediate document processing using electronic office communication tools.
SAP Records Management not only provides an electronic representation of the conventional paper record, but also offers functions that far exceed those available for conventional records management. In addition to electronic documents, Records Management can also integrate the following electronic elements:
· SAP business objects
· SAP Business Workflows
· SAP reports
· SAP transactions
· SAP infotypes
· SAP ArchiveLink documents
· Internet/Intranet pages
· Administration data for paper documents
Elements can originate either from the local SAP system, from other SAP systems, or even from non-SAP systems.
These integration capabilities provide a complete view of a business process, and quick access to information. By integrating SAP Business Workflow, you have the option to use the record as a starting point for efficient process control.