Parcel Tracking for Express Delivery Companies
You can use this function to track the path of individual deliveries or parcels that were sent via express delivery company. You can also exchange the necessary data with the express delivery company and ship-to parties and print the labels needed for parcel tracking.
The data determination procedure occurs in the background of the delivery.
As the system saves data, it checks whether express-delivery-company processing is activated. The data fields defined for the express delivery company are determined in the order specified. If a value cannot be determined, the system makes an entry in the incompletion log.
Parcel tracking for the express delivery company is available for both inbound and outbound deliveries.
The following prerequisites must be met in order to implement parcel tracking for express delivery companies:
Creating an Express Delivery Company in the System )
An express-delivery-company indicator is assigned to the service agent.
At least one shipping point is assigned to the express delivery company.
Label printing is set up
IDoc interface between partners and service agents is established.
- The express delivery company is entered in the system as a service agent.
- The express delivery company has been created in the system and is active (see also:
Range of Functions
Parcel tracking for express delivery companies with express-delivery-company processing offers you the following options:
- You can define any number of fields for each express delivery company. These fields are then automatically filled in when a delivery is created and then made available to the IDocs.
- Express-delivery-company processing makes available additional information that the express delivery company may need. This function allows you to use XML-enabled Remote Function Call (RFC) interfaces.
- The necessary information can be printed right on the package label. This allows the parcels to pass thorough the express delivery company's automatic sorting machines, for example. Settlement is also made easier, thanks to this function.
- The parcel-tracking status in the SAP System is set automatically via the parcel-tracking interface. This way, the sender can display all tracking data in the document flow, the delivery or in a separate transaction in the SAP System. A workflow connection makes it easier to implement customer-specific processes.
- The ordering party can also track the progress of his or her order. The ordering party can either make an inquiry via Internet or receive the necessary data via the delivery IDoc. If the ordering party also has an SAP System, he or she can access the same function from an incoming delivery point-of-view.
- XML-enabled Remote Frequency Call (RFC) interfaces are available for master data maintenance.
- Express-delivery-company data can be processed directly from the delivery.