You can create a rebate agreement for which the validity start date lies in the past. The system then takes into account all the rebate-relevant billing documents that were created between the validity start date and the date you created the rebate agreement.
You will encounter one of the following two cases when you wish to create a retroactive rebate agreement:
- The necessary settings have been made in Customizing and in the relevant payer master record:
- The sales organization, and the relevant billing types have all been classified as relevant for rebate
- The pricing procedure has been defined to include the condition types for rebate processing.
- The relevant payers have been classified as relevant for rebate in the master record.
In this case, the rebate processing index is correct. This means that when the rebate agreement is settled, the system will find all billing documents relevant for the rebate agreement and can determine the sales volume on the basis of them.
For further information, see
Creating a Retroactive Rebate Agreement when the Rebate Processing Agreement is Correct
- The necessary settings have not been made in Customizing, and the payer for whom billing documents should be relevant for rebate has not been classified as relevant for rebate. In this case, the rebate processing is not correct. Therefore, when the rebate agreement is settled, the system will not be able to find all invoices relevant for the rebate agreement to determine the appropriate sales volume.
For more information, see the section on rebate processing in the Implementation Guide.