Preparing Data for the Material Ledger (Production Startup)
You have the authorization to convert the data (authorization object S_TABU_DIS in authorization class Basis:Administration).
Make sure that the currency settings are correct in Customizing for Financial Accounting and in the Material Ledger. After production startup of the material ledger, no changes in the currencies, currency types or material ledger types are allowed.
Make sure that the attributes of the material types in Customizing for Logistics - General are correct. The only materials that will be converted are materials with material types that allow value updates.
Make sure in Customizing that all plants in which you want to activate the material ledger are set as active for the material ledger. Check your Customizing settings for each plant. You can retroactively set additional plants as productive and active, as well.
Make sure that Accounting views exist for the relevant materials in the material master records.
Make sure that no material postings in the relevant plants are necessary during the conversion. Between activation and production startup, the relevant plants are blocked.
The preparation of data for production startup of the material ledger can not be reversed.
If you have worked with the material ledger in your production system prior to Release 4.0A, please read 0081463 in SAPNet.
Choose Accounting ®
Product Cost Controlling ® Actual Costing/Material Ledger ®
Production Startup. ®
Set Valuation Areas as Productive.Enter one or more plants.
Enter an exchange rate type if you want to translate the current inventories into multiple currencies and valuations using an historical exchange rate or average exchange rate for production startup of the material ledger. This exchange rate type must first be defined in Customizing under General Settings. Next, the currency exchange rates with which production startup should translate the local currency are set up for the exchange rate type and multiple currencies and valuations. This exchange rate type and this translation are only used for production startup.
When you enter an exchange rate type, the currency translation takes place in accordance with the settings for additional currencies in Customizing for Financial Accounting. If the currencies set in the material ledger vary from the currencies in Financial Accounting, the system translates using the average rate.Choose the method of processing.
If you want to receive a detailed log, or if you must edit large amounts of data, it is best to run the program in the background.Choose Execute.
Check the results in the log using System ® Own jobs.
The system does the following:
- Turns on the Material ledger active indicator in the accounting view of all the material master records of the plant
- Sets the price determination indicator in the material master records to price determination 2
If you want to use price determination 3, you can change setting 2. See the following for further information:
Changing Material Price Determination
Performing Single-Level Material Price Determination
Performing Multilevel Price Determination
- Creates material ledger master data for the current period, the previous period, and the last period of the previous year.
- Calculates prices in the other currencies for the material ledger data if, in fact, a price was maintained in the accounting view.
- Notes the currency setting at the time of production startup internally
The system does the following:
- Transfers inventory quantities, inventory values and prices from material master records to the material ledger data for the current period, the previous period, and the last period of the previous year
- Calculates the inventory values and prices in the currencies of the material ledger at the current date using the stated exchange rate type
- Amends the purchase order histories with the set currencies, using the settings for additional currencies found in Customizing for Financial Accounting