Checking the Material Master for the Material Ledger
Certain prerequisites in Customizing must be met in order to valuate a material using the material ledger:
- The material ledger must be active for the material.
- The material must be assigned to a valuation class.
- The material type must allow the materialís valuation to be updated.
Check the following indicators and fields in the material master record (of the material) in the Accounting 1 view:
Check the following fields in the material master record:
- ML act. (material ledger active)
- Price determination
- Price control
- Valuation class
- in the Accounting 1 view, check the Future price field in connection with the Valid from field
- in the Costing 2 view, check the future planned price.
These fields can contain prices that you can activate upon price determination.Check the detail display of the view Material Types in Customizing under Logistics - General ® Material Master ® Basic Settings
® Material Types
Define Attributes of Material Types.
In the view Quantity/Value Updating, select the fields Quantity Update and Value Update for each valuation view and material type.