Releasing Stock from Quality Inspection
You can trigger the release of stock from the quality inspection either in the Warehouse Management system (WMS) or in Inventory Management (MM-IM). You can only execute posting changes for QM-managed material from Inventory Management (MM-IM).
A posting change notice exists for executing a posting change for the stock from stock in quality inspection to unrestricted-use stock.
Posting Change from Q to Unrestricted-Use
Choose Logistics ®
Logistics Execution ®
Internal Whse Processes ®
Posting Changes ®
Via Inventory Management ®
Transfer Order ®
From List of Posting Change Notices, in the SAP menu.
On the initial screen, enter Q in the Stock category field.
Enter the movement type for the posting change from quality inspection stock to unrestricted-use stock and choose Enter.
In the standard system, movement type 321 is defined for posting changes from quality inspection stock to unrestricted-use stock.
Select the posting change notices that you want to process.
To execute the posting change, choose Create TO.
Select the storage types in which you want to execute the posting change.
If you select the quant list, the system lists all the quants for the posting change notice in the selected storage type, ordered according to Available Stock and stock that is Unavailable for Post. Chge.
- On the tab page Available Stock, select the quantity for the posting change.
Enter the quantities in such a way that they add up to the quantity displayed in the field Open Quantity.
If you select one or more storage bins and choose Calculate Posting Change Quantity, the system determines the correct material quantity for the posting change.
- If you not only want to execute a posting change for the material, but also want to physically transfer the stock, make sure that the marker is not set in the column Post to Same Bin.
You can preset the indicator Post to Same Bin in the Customizing for Warehouse Management, under Activities ®
Define Movement Types, or under Master Data ®
Define Storage Type.
- Choose Process in Foreground or Process in Background to create the transfer order for the posting change.
The system creates two transfer order items for each quant:
- With the first TO item, the system removes the material from the quality inspection stock and posts the material to the logical interim storage area for posting changes.
- With the second TO item, the system posts the material from the posting change area back to the storage bin into unrestricted-use stock.
- If you have set the indicator Post to Same Bin, the system creates both TO items in the background.
If you have not set the indicator Post to Same Bin, and want to physically transfer the material as well as execute the posting change, you can create the second TO item in the foreground or in the background.
- To save the transfer order for the posting change, choose Posting Change ®
- To execute the posting change for the material stocks in the WMS, confirm this transfer order.
When you confirm the transfer order, the system balances out the stocks in the posting change interim storage area.
Posting Change for Stocks in SU-Managed Bulk Storage
If in SU-managed bulk storage, you only want to execute a posting change for some of the available stock in a storage bin, choose Expand Bulk Storage from the screen Process Posting Change: Quant List.
The system lists the stocks in SU-managed bulk storage for each storage unit separately.
Select the individual quants in order to post only part of the storage unit.
Create the transfer order for the posting change as described above.
The material is posted from quality inspection stock to unrestricted-use stock.