Exchanging Alternative Sequences
When you create or change a production order you can exchange the standard sequence with an alternative sequence.
The following conditions must be fulfilled:
Define Order Type-Dependent Parameters).
- For alternative sequences to be copied to the production order this must be explicitly authorized (fields Sequence exchange and Altern.sequences in Customizing for Shop Floor Control, choose Master data ®
- The branch and return operation specified in the standard sequence must exist for the alternative sequence.
- The operation numbers specified in the alternative sequence must fit in the number interval specified in the standard sequence.
- The alternative sequence must not overlap with alternative or parallel sequences.
A standard sequence can be exchanged with alternative sequences as often as you wish so long as the standard sequence
- Does not contain any operations that are already released
- Does not contain any operations with planned inspection characteristics
- Does not contain operations for which QM actual data has been created
- Does not contain any externally-processed operations for which orders already exist
If these conditions are fulfilled then the system ask you when copying the routing whether you want to exchange an alternative sequence with a segment of the standard sequence.
If you decide to exchange sequences the system lists all existing alternative sequences in a dialog box. If you want to compare the operations to be exchanged in the standard sequence with the operations of one of the alternative sequences you should double-click on the desired alternative sequence.