In this process you edit the individual steps needed to produce a material. You enter general data about these production steps and data that are required in subsequent processes, for instance scheduling and costing.
The following process steps are also described in the other processes for editing routings; these describe the initial steps in editing routings as well as various other subjects. Use the current process, if you want to edit all the operation and sub-operation data at once, irrespective of whether they are thematically linked or not.
The following data already exists in the system:
– You create an operation for each production step.
To add more detail to an operation, you create sub-operations for this operation.
You need to determine the following:
For in-house processing operations and sub-operations the work center where the operations/sub-operations are to be carried out
If you want to determine the work center later (for instance, when the routing is used to create a production order or a run schedule), assign a dummy work center provisionally.
The control key that determines the business properties of the operations and sub-operations
– For in-house operations and sub-operations you enter standard values and if necessary user fields with extra data that is not included in the standard system.
– For externally processed operations and sub-operations assign the data of the vendor, who receives the order.
– Which view is called up first when you confirm inspection results
– How long the inspection interval between inspection points is
– Whether assignment of the last partial lot takes place during results recording for the operation (optional)