Creating a Production Process for a Cost Object Hierarchy
You want to create a
cost object hierarchy for the Controlling level Material / Plant /
The production process that you want to assign has not been created.
A production process may already have been created for one of the following reasons:
product cost collector for the material.
You are using the application component Actual Costing / Material Ledger.
- You have created a mixed cost estimate for the material.
- You have already created a
Choose Accounting ® Controlling ® Product Cost Controlling ® Cost Object Controlling ® Product Cost by Period ®
Master Data ® Cost Object Hierarchy ® Edit Production Process.
The screen Display Production Processes appears.Enter the following data:
- Plant. Note that the plant of the cost object node is the same as the planning plant in the manufacturing order.
- Choose Production Process
The screen Assign Controlling Level for Material appears.Choose a Controlling level by positioning the cursor.
The screen Create Production Process appears.Enter the following data:
- The characteristics for the Controlling level (such as the production version if the Controlling level is Production Version)
- A short text
- Choose Confirm.
- Save the production process.
The system has created a production process for the material.
The production process was created in accordance with the Controlling level you selected. This Controlling level is valid for this plant material and can be changed under certain conditions. See also:
Editing the Controlling Level
The production process is updated in all product cost collectors and
manufacturing orders for this production process. All product cost collectors and manufacturing orders for this production process are automatically assigned to the relevant
cost object node.