Customizing the SAP Window
If you are using the "classic" SAP graphical user interface (GUI) and you need information on customizing the SAP window, see the Online Help for SAP Releases up to and including 4.5B.
The layout menu contains customizing options for:
- Sound feedback
- Display as dialog boxes
- System programs for SAP graphics: performance options
- Automation timeout period (for programs triggered by OLE automation)
- Automatic tabbing
- Position, width, and display in lists
- Select type of trace
- Enable trace file
- Display trace output in window
Using this menu, you can also:
Creating an SAP Shortcut.)
Activate GuiXT, an alternative to transaction variants, for the screen output of any transaction. (For more information on GuiXT, see http://www.synactive.com.)
Set the window to default size (for batch input only)
Create screen shots. (For more information, see
Creating Screen Shots.)
- Create SAP shortcuts. (For more information, see
You have installed the new SAP GUI for Release 4.6.
In the standard toolbar, choose the layout menu icon .
Layout Menu: Options
On the General tab, you can:
- Deactivate the quick infos on your screen, or set the speed at which they appear
- Have system messages appear as dialog boxes, with or without sound feedback
- Set performance options for SAP graphics system programs:
By default, the Libraries option, which refers to SAP graphics system programs, is set to Keep loaded. This means that SAP graphics stay loaded in the main memory even if they are not used. If you encounter performance problems during graphics loading – that is, if a graphic terminates before it has finished loading for the first time – you can prevent this from happening again by changing the setting to Preload. To have graphics unloaded after use, choose Free after use.
- Specify an automation timeout period for OLE connections to external programs (such as MS Word or Excel):
If you get System busy messages with external programs that are triggered by OLE automation, SAP recommends that you set the number of seconds to a higher value.
Tabbing Between Fields Automatically
Cursor Position and WidthYou use the Trace tab primarily when you are working with a hotline. On this tab, you can:
- On the Cursor tab, you can set automatic tabbing, and define cursor position, width, and display in lists.
For more information, see:
- Select the type of trace. To obtain the log:
- For screen layout, select Monitor.
- For OLE controls, select Automation.
- Enable trace files
- Display the trace output in your window
- Choose OK to confirm your choices, or Cancel to reset the options to the previous settings.
Layout Menu: Additional Customizing Items
For information on creating an SAP shortcut, see
Creating an SAP Shortcut.
To activate GuiXT for screen output, choose Activate GuiXT.
To change the default window size (for batch input only), choose Default Size.
For information on creating a screen shot, see
Creating Screen Shots.