Used in a routing, to describe the activity that is to be carried out during a process step.
Operations are the central object in routings. The system uses operation data to determine dates, capacity requirements and costs for a production process.
Depending on your requirements, an operation can contain the following data:
- A control key, which determines
- Whether the operation is processed internally or externally by a vendor.
- Whether dates, capacity requirements and costs are determined
- Whether, afterwards in order processing, a confirmation can or must be made
- A wage type for settling incentive wages
- External processing data, which form the basis for externally processing sub-operations, including scheduling and costing
- Standard values, which are planned values for the activities to be performed in a sub-operation.
- User-defined fields with any customer-defined data
- Inspection specifications for quality inspection during the operation
The operation data includes:
- The plant in which the operation is to be carried out
An operation that is not to be carried out in the plant in the routing can be assigned to another plant.
Both plants only have to belong to the same controlling area.
- The work center where the operation is to be carried out
- Standard values for determining dates, capacity requirements and costs
An operation that is not to be carried out in the plant in the routing can be assigned to another plant. Both plants only have to belong to the same controlling area.
Usually an operation is assigned to a work center where it is carried out. If standard values have been maintained in the work center, they are copied to the operation. If you set a reference indicator, you stipulate that a standard value can only be changed in the work center. This change is automatically transferred to the routing.
Subordinate routing objects
The following objects can be assigned to an operation at a subordinate level (see graphic below)
- Sub-operations, with an operation can be described in a more detailed manner
- Material components, that are used to manufacture the finished product
- Production resources and tools necessary for executing the operation
- Inspection characteristics for quality inspections during the operation
- Trigger points, for triggering certain functions when an operation is carried out
Operations and subordinate routing objects