Stock Transfer Between Plants in One Step
This type of stock transfer can only be carried out in Inventory Management. Neither Shipping in the issuing plant nor Purchasing in the receiving plant is involved in the process.
Transferring stock in one step has the following characteristics:
- The stock transfer is entered as a transfer posting in Inventory Management.
- The transfer posting can be planned by creating a reservation.
- The quantity of the stock transferred is posted immediately from the unrestricted-use stock of the issuing plant to the unrestricted-use stock of the receiving plant
- The transfer posting is valuated at the valuation price of the material in the issuing plant.
- If the plants involved belong to different company codes, the transfer between plants is also a transfer between company codes. In this case, the system creates two accounting documents for the transfer posting. The stock posting is offset against a company code clearing account.