Mobile Data Entry provides interleaving functionality, alleviating dead-heading in RF-managed warehouses.
1. Transfer orders (TOs) for picking/replenishment are available in the warehouse.
The system enables two types of interleaving:
· Interleaving by storage unit/handling unit
· System-guided interleaving
1. A forklift operator receives a TO for putaway via its RF device.
2. The operator performs and confirms the putaway.
3. The operator receives a TO for picking/replenishment.
4. After confirming the TO, the operator is able to repeat the process, the cyclical nature of work assignments providing it with a continuous workflow.
You can use the user exit function EXIT_SAPLLMOB_061 to define selection criteria for identifying the next TO to be processed for picking/replenishment. For example, you can use it to assign TOs for picking/replenishment with a source storage bin close to the destination storage bin of the previous TO for putaway.
For more information, see Sorting Using the User Exit.