GR/IR Clearing Account Maintenance
Quantity differences between goods receipt and invoice receipt for a purchase order result in a balance on the GR/IR clearing account.
- If the quantity invoiced is larger than the quantity received, the system then expects further goods receipts for this purchase order to clear the balance.
- If the quantity received is larger than the quantity invoiced, the system then expects further invoices for this purchase order to clear the balance.
If no more goods or invoices are to be received, you must clear the balance manually.
This can be done in different ways:
- You can return the extra goods to the vendor.
- You can cancel the invoice.
- You can clear the GR/IR clearing account manually.
Clearing the GR/IR Clearing Account
GR/IR Account Maintenance: Account Movements