Transporting Report Writer Objects
You can copy the Customizing settings for the following to a transport request using the function Transport request:
- Standard layouts
- Report Writer report groups
- Report group variants
- Key figures
- Report Painter models
From one of the Report Writer screens, choose Utilities ® Transport
® Transport request. The Transport: Report Writer screen appears:Select the object for which you want to include the Customizing settings in the transport request and choose Execute.
The Report Writer: Include <Object Name> in Transport Request screen appears. Enter the selection criteria as required.
In the group box Further details, depending on the object you selected, you can select at least one and at the most three of the following settings.
- If you want to execute the request for all the selected objects directly, select the Without selection list indicator. This makes particularly good sense for batch processing. If you do not select this indicator the system displays a list of all the selected objects and you can choose the object you want to transport.
- Indicator that determines if all dependent objects are transported.
If you transport a report and select the With dependent objects indicator, the system includes the report and all the objects defined for the report (sets, variables, formulas, libraries and standard layouts) in the transport request.
- For report groups, you can specify whether you also want to transport the variants.
The following table shows the dependent objects that are transported for a specific Report Writer object.
If the Report Writer object is a
Then the following dependent objects are transported
Default selection sets (except CO groups)
Sets (except CO groups), key figures, libraries, standard layouts
Reports, sets (except CO groups), key figures, libraries, standard layouts
- Choose Program
If you did not select Without selection list, a selection screen of Report Writer objects appears:
- Select the Report Writer objects that you want to transport.
- Choose Execute.
The objects are included in your chosen Customizing request.