The Issues Database provides support for project management by letting you create, monitor, and manage issues. Issues are unanswered questions or unforeseen problems that arise during the implementation project. If they are not resolved, the project may be delayed or even jeopardized.
You can compile and document these issues centrally in the Issues Database. Each issue is classified according to:
- Priority (low, medium, high)
- Project phase
- Status (input and unassigned, open and assigned, deferred, closed)
- Classification (for example, resource, documentation, training, application configuration)
- Date required, date resolved
- People responsible
- You can use this data to refine your search for issues. You can also display issues in different views in Microsoft Excel worksheets.
- You can also use the Editor to document issues and solutions in detail.
- To prevent unsolved issues escalating, they should be resolved before the set date required.