You use this function to configure the generic services for your form scenario.
If you use a generic service, you can link the form fields to the parameters or fields of the operations of this generic service. You can use an operation more than once in a form scenario. This enables you to link the form fields to field groups that link to operations, rather than linking them directly to operations. More than one field group can reference the same operation.
● You have defined and implemented the generic service. Perform the IMG activities in Customizing for HR Administrative Services by choosing Configuration of Forms/Processes → Form Configuration → Define Generic Services.
● You have assigned form fields to the generic service that you want this service to process.
● If you want to use default values, the generic service must be implemented in such a way that it also provides default values.
● If you want to use input help and default values, the generic service must be implemented in such a way that it provides them. For more information, see Customizing for HR Administrative Services and choose Configuration of Forms/Processes → Form Configuration → Define Generic Services.
● Field groups and operations
You can use generic services to perform operations or to provide default values and input help. You can define field groups that you want to use for operations or default values and input help. A field group may have any name. However, if you use the field group for an operation we recommend that you choose a name that refers to the operation used.
● Default values and input help
You can provide default values and input help for fields without defining an operation for them. The prerequisite is that the field is assigned to a field group. If the default value or input help for the field is dependent on other fields of the generic service, these fields must be assigned to the same field group as the field for which you want to provide the default value or input help.
● Mandatory fields
A generic service can also have mandatory fields, as do the standard services, SAP_PA and SAP_PT. The mandatory fields must exist in each form scenario used by the generic service with the name exactly as specified and with the data element exactly as specified.
● You create field groups.
● You assign fields to the field groups.
● You select operations that you want to use.
● You assign field groups to the operations.
● You enter the name of the form field that you want to assign.
● You define the properties of the form field.
● You can fill the form field with a default value or input help that provides the generic service.
● If the generic service supports operations and you want to use them, enter the name of the operation.
You can use the input help to display a list of all of the operations of the generic service.
● If you do not want the value of the form field to be included in the operation, set the Exclude from Operation indicator (OpAusschl).
● You enter the field group to which you want to assign the form field. If the generic service supports operations, the name of the field group corresponds to the operation of the generic service.