CIF Customizing in the SCM system is used to set up the system infrastructure and to configure the data transfer between an SCM system and the ERP system via Core Interface (CIF). CIF Customizing also covers application-specific settings and enhancements.
An Implementation Guide (IMG) is available for CIF Customizing. The IMG provides you with a clear overview and explanation of all steps that are necessary for integration via CIF. With the exception of organizational IMG activities that only contain a description, you can go directly to the relevant transaction and execute the action.
In addition to the Customizing settings in the SCM system, you must also make the necessary Customizing settings in the ERP system. For more information, see CIF Customizing in the ERP System.
The Implementation Guide for CIF consists of three main areas:
● Basic Settings for Creating the System Landscape
Here you can find all the IMG activities that are necessary for the partner systems to be able to communicate with each other via CIF (for example, naming the logical systems, naming RFC destinations, and making qRFC settings).
● Basic Settings for the Data Transfer
Here you can find the IMG activities for the data transfer.
● Application-Specific Settings and Enhancements
Here you can find Business Add-Ins (BAdIs), customer exits, and settings for individual applications.
1. If your SCM system is SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization, in the SAP Reference IMG, choose Integration with SAP Components ® Integration via Core Interface (CIF). If you work with a different SCM system, in the SAP Reference IMG, choose SCM Basis ® Integration.
2. You make the relevant settings.
Note that some of the basic settings are target-system-dependent or client-specific. These settings are not transported from the Customizing client to the productive client. This means you also have to make the settings in the productive client.