Use SSL to secure HTTPS channel communication between
SAP Mobile Platform Server and the back end.
SAP Mobile Platform secures interactions
between SAP Mobile Platform Server and back-end systems. This
security component includes device application back-end connections and notification
- Use Management Cockpit to create an application with an
HTTP/HTTPS back end.
- For one-way SSL, do not provide a certificate alias.
- For mutual SSL, provide a certificate alias.
- Add the back-end certificate into the SAP Mobile Platform Server
Ensure the certificate you use is contained in the
SAP Mobile Platform Server
keystore. You can use the keytool utility to import and export certificates to
the keystore. Any changes to the keystore require the server to be restarted.
- Upon connection between SAP Mobile Platform Server and the back end, the back
end sends it certificate.SAP Mobile Platform Server validates against the back
end certificate stored in the keystore.
- Upon successful certificate validation, SAP Mobile Platform
establishes a server to back-end connection, and further request responses occur
using the secure channel until the session expires.