To build SMS applications, you must first set up your development
environment, which includes installing the SAP® Mobile Platform SDK, with the SMS Toolkit.
The SMS Toolkit installed with SAP Mobile Platform SDK includes an
SMS Builder server and the SMS Builder Web UI which
you can use to develop SMS Applications.
- Start the SMS Builder server. The
start-up scripts (run.sh and run.bat)
expect the location of the java application to be in the PATH.
If you plan to run a start-up script in production, modify the script to reflect your
system architecture. You need not have root privilege to execute a start-up
- Change to the <SMSBUILDER_HOME> directory.
- Run the command or commands for your platform:
|AIX or Linux
chmod 755 bin/run.sh
- Launch the SMS Builder Web UI.
- If SMS Builder is running on the same machine as
SAP Mobile Platform, configure the HTTP port.
- Open a browser and navigate to either:
where <HTTP_port> is the HTTP port number, or
where <server> is the name of the machine on which the
SMS Builder server is running.
- Log in.
The default login credentials are:
- User Name – admin
- Password – Brand!23
If you created a new admin password, use it to log in.