Interactive applications provide rich, user-interactive mobile
services, and are typically invoked when mobile customers send a keyword to a preassigned
short or long code.
- In the Dashboard screen, at the bottom of the My Applications module, select
Create Interactive Application.
- On the Application Details tab, enter:
- Name – the main identifier for an application. SAP recommends that you do not
use duplicate names within a workspace.
- Category – (optional) select the application category from the list. You can
use categories to group applications together for managing and reporting.
- Active From – the date and time the application becomes active, based on the
server date and time.
- Active To – the date and time the application ceases to be active, based on
the server date and time.
- Timeout (secs) – an interactive application establishes conversations with
mobile subscribers. When a conversation starts, a unique session is established
for the conversation. The session terminates (or times out) when there is no
conversation for more than the number of seconds you enter here. The default
value is 450 seconds (7 minutes and 30 seconds).
- Session Limit Response – the message that is sent to mobile subscribers when
the application cannot start or carry on a conversation for various reasons;
the most common reason being too many conversations are already taking place,
exceeding the system capacity. In this case, the default message is sent to
mobile subscribers. For example, the message may say “Service busy, try again
in few minutes.”
- Click Save.
- (Optional) To save the application to the local file system, click
The application is exported to an application XML file. You
can transfer the XML file to other SMS Builder workspaces or instances. You can also use the file to
back up the application, or store it in the source control management system.
Note The Export button is disabled until you save an application the
- Add a keyword to the application.
- Design the application task flow.
- Activate the application.
- Test the application.