Determining Approval Steps in the Domain Configuration
You want to determine approval steps for QA systems.
Note the following rules:
- At least one approval step must be active for each defined QA system.
- You cannot delete or change the 3 default approval steps. You can only set the approval steps to be active or inactive. The default approval steps are valid for all configured QA systems.
- If you define additional approval steps and have configured more than one QA system, you can determine if the additional steps are to be system-/client-specific (only one QA system) or cross-system/client (global).
You have configured at least one
To determine approval steps for the QA systems in the domain, you have to log on to the domain controller.
In the TMS initial screen, choose . The screen System Overview: Domain <Domain name> appears.
Choose . The screen Display TMS Configuration: <Domain name> appears.
Under the tab Management you see how many QA systems are configured and who made the last change and when.
Under QA Approval Procedure you see the names of the configured QA systems and which steps exist. (If the transport routes are client-specific, the column Client is also displayed. If several QA systems are configured, the column System is also displayed.)Switch to the change mode. To do this, choose Configuration →
Display « Change.
If you want to add approval steps:
- Choose Insert row. By default, the new step has the type Approved by user department.
- You can choose another type using the input help. If you choose another type, you receive the default text for it at the same time. You can edit this text.
- If you have more than one QA system configured, additional columns are displayed (System and Client). You must use the input help to determine if the additional step is system-/client-specific or global.
- Mark the approval step in the column Active that you want to process for the requests of the relevant QA system.
- Save your entries.
- Distribute the configuration.
You have defined the approval step that is valid for your QA systems.