Choose project type Template when you want to create a new template for other projects. The main steps when creating a new project template are to create a new project structure and assign content to the individual structure items, such as preconfiguration, documentation, and business functions.
● You have the necessary authorization. For more information, see the SAP Solution Manager Security Guide.
● You have created transportable packages in the SAP Solution Manager system and the managed systems (see Working with Transport Requests).
● To transport the templates separately to other systems (for example, to subsidiaries during a global rollout), you have met the following prerequisites in SAP Solution Manager and the managed systems:
a. You have created a separate transportable package with translation recording for each template and logical system.
Assign names in the /.../ namespace, if available. Use the same namespace when naming your packages.
b. You have created a separate package and a separate transport request for objects that are to be used in several templates.
Assign the objects to the relevant package as they are created.
c. You have created a separate transport request for each template and logical system.
Record the objects in the transport request so that you can transport them to the correct target systems later.
● So that you can create objects such as BC Sets or CATTs in the managed systems controlled from SAP Solution Manager, you have activated object recording in transport requests in the relevant clients of the managed systems.
1. Start Project Administration in the Implementation/Upgrade work center from the Plan view.
2. Choose Create Project.
3. Enter a project name, and select and confirm Template Project.
4. Edit the following tabs:
Check the entries
in the Person Responsible and the Project Language fields and
change them if necessary.
Create a template. The template uses the structures, assignments, products, and so on, of your template project and is sent to the subsidiaries when it is released by head office, or reused in the same system.
Assign a code in the Templates column, and the template name in the Name column.
Once the templates have been imported to the subsidiaries, all templates to which at least one scenario has been assigned are displayed on the Template Selection tab page with the naming convention <code> - <template name>, for example, ZBANK - BANKING.
If, in the case of a global rollout, you want to prevent subsidiaries from making changes to the template completely or partially, select Global Rollout Functionality is Active on the Templates tab page.
For more information, see Global Rollout with a Template.
Choose one or more templates if you want to base your template on existing templates.
Make no selection if you want to create a new template.
Define the required system landscape.
Define the default status values, keywords, and documentation types for your template.
Save the project.
5. Specify the context for your documentation in the Knowledge Warehouse in the following dialog box.
The document context of a project controls whether documents can be edited by more than one project. If you change a document in a different context from that in which it was created, the system copies the document to the new context.
We recommend that you use the same context in all projects (with the exception of template projects) and control access by means of authorizations.
Use a separate context for template projects. The following options are available:
● Choose an existing namespace prefix (/.../) from the input help for the Enhancement field and complete it after the second slash.
● To create a new namespace prefix, enter a name prefix that does not appear in the input help in the Enhancement field. The system creates this name prefix with the specified enhancement release. The namespace prefix must meet the following conditions:
○ The namespace has a valid license in this system.
○ The namespace has the role P (production).
○ The namespace can be changed in this system.
● Create a new release for an existing enhancement. There are no release restrictions.
6. Specify a transportable package, or create one, in the following dialog screen.
7. Choose Continue.
You have created a template project. You can work on your template in the Business Blueprint transaction.