You generate computer-supported self-learning courses for the end user tasks, e.g. for the new functions which the purchaser in your company will use, with the Solution Manager, from the existing project structure or a solution. You can send the self-learning courses to the end users, as a learning map, in HTML format, when they are ready.
● You have Assigned Training Materials to a solution, in the project structure Configuration or in production processing.
● You have Assigned End User Roles in the project structure configuration or in production processing, to be able to filter the project or solution structure by end user roles.
● You have the role SAP_SOL_TRAINING_EDIT. This role is in the Project Leader and Application Consultant roles.
Structure of the Learning Map
1. Call the Training Material Management transaction (SOLAR_LEARNING_MAP).
2. Choose Create.
3. Enter a title.
4. Specify with Select From Solution/Project, whether you want to create the Learning Map from a project or a solution.
5. Choose the project or solution.
1. Create the learning map header:
a. Select the Learning Map Header node in the structure tree in the left-hand screen area.
b. Enter a description in the text field in the top right screen area.
c. To put further information in the learning map header, select the header node and choose a function from the context menu. Enter the data required, in the right-hand screen area.
You can put the following information in the header of a learning map:
■ Logo, e.g. a picture which you use for all learning maps
■ Link, e.g. the URL of your learning unit FAQs intranet page
■ Link to your support desk
2. Create chapters:
a. Select the top node of the learning map structure in the structure tree in the left-hand screen area.
b. Choose Create Chapter from the context menu.
c. Enter a title for the structuring node, in the top right screen area.
d. Enter a description in the text field in the top right screen area.
Chapters are structuring nodes only, they contain no learning material. You can only assign learning material to learning units.
3. Create learning units below the chapter:
○ Create new learning units
i. Select a chapter in the structure tree in the left screen area.
ii. Choose Create Unit from the context menu.
iii. Enter the data required, in the top right-hand screen area.
○ Reuse project structure:
i. Select a scenario or process in the project structure in the lower right-hand pane.
ii. Drag & Drop it into a chapter of the Learning Map structure in the left-hand pane.
The system puts the structure element with the assigned documents in the Learning Map structure, as a learning unit.
4. Assign learning material to the learning units:
a. You can filter the project structure by the end user roles which you have assigned to the project structure in the End User Roles tab in the Configuration, with the Filter by Roles pushbutton.
b. Select the learning material in the project structure in the bottom right screen area, and Drag & Drop it in the learning unit into the learning map structure in the left screen area.
You can only create new learning material in the Configuration transaction. You can only assign existing learning material to the learning map structure in the Learning Maps Management.
5. Save your entries.
You can display the learning map in HTML format with the Open in Browser pushbutton.
You have created a computer-supported self-learning course (learning map). You can now send it to the end users.