Setting the Project Status Switch
In certain situations (for example, to prevent tests in the QA system from being affected by development work), project administrators need to restrict what work can be done in a project. They can control this with the project status switch as follows:
- Change requests in a project cannot be recreated
- Change requests in a project cannot be released
- Change requests in a project cannot be imported
By default, the project status switches are set to Allowed for all systems.
You have the project administration
authorization in the systems where you want to make settings.
You are on one of the following screens:
- in change mode in the IMG project administration transaction, have chosen Transport requests
- in the Transport Organizer and have chosen Goto → Edit project.
Choose Project status switch.
The dialog box Project Status Switch: Select Systems appears.Either select the radio button System and enter your system, or select All configured transport targets. Choose Continue.
The screen Set Project Status Switch appears. Here you can make the following settings for the client or system:
- in the source client of the project
- Allow or forbid requests to be created
- Allow or forbid requests to be released
- in all other clients/systems: Allow or forbid requests to be imported
- To make the setting, expand the tree structure as required. The icon in front of the text shows you whether the setting is currently Allowed or Forbidden. To change the setting, choose .
If you want to set the project status switch for a system that you are not logged on to, the system displays the appropriate logon screen.