You must define the system landscape for your project before you can access the managed systems in subsequent project phases.
You have created a project.
1. Define logical components in the Solution Manager System Landscape (transaction SMSY):
As of Release 3.20, you can only assign logical systems to the logical components in the Solution Manager System Landscape, not in Project Administration.
You navigate to the Solution Manager System Landscape from Project Administration by choosing Goto → System Landscape → Edit Logical Components, or from the Systems subtab of the System Landscape tab by double-clicking an existing logical component.
2. Assign the logical components to your project in the Systems subtab of the System Landscape tab in Project Administration.
3. To be able to navigate to the managed systems in the configuration, generate new IMG projects in the managed systems using the IMG Projects tab, or assign existing IMG projects to the project.
4. Specify the system landscape for central objects.
5. If your project is an upgrade project, create IMG views in the managed systems.