You specify solutions to use the SAP Solution Manager effectively. A solution contains systems in your system landscape, which you assign according to certain criteria, for example:
● It contains all systems used in the production processing in your system landscape, in other words, on which one or more of your most important business processes run. You can proactively monitor the business processes, business process steps, and interfaces of these systems (for example, all production systems).
● It has a restricted view of the systems in your system landscape, for example for a business area.
● Create or copy business processes from existing projects or the Business Process Repository, into your solution.
● Assign a maintenance project to change business scenarios and business processes to your solution.
Specify the solution scope in the Solution Directory, for example:
● Which system components they use, or which business processes and business process steps you want to monitor
● The contact persons for the sessions
● For which systems the SAP EarlyWatch Alert data is to be collected.
● The session language
● Which graphic views of your systems and business processes you want to use in Solution Monitoring
● Which maintenance project you wish to assign to the solution
For more information, see Solution Administration.
● Local availability of Internet Explorer (5.5 or higher)
● Activated ActiveX controls in your browser
● The necessary authorization For more information, see the SAP Solution Manager Security Guide.
● Defined systems and logical components in the Landscape Management Database (transaction LMDB) (see Managing System Landscape Information).
To specify a solution:
1. Fulfill the prerequisites for specifying the scope of your solution. To do this, first create the solution.
2. Specify the scope of your solution: