You define an alert for a system in your solution, which is not in the SAP Solution Manager system monitoring.
The alert is:
1. Not proposed for activation in the SAP Solution Manager system monitoring.
2. In the local or central (CEN) CCMS of the managed system.
3. Readable by the system via an RFC connection to the central (CEN) CCMS of the managed system.
■ If the managed system < Web AS 6.40, you must assign this connection to the local SAP Solution Manager CCMS.
The SAP Solution Manager CCMS determines the alert.
■ If the managed system => Web AS 6.40, you can specify the RFC connection in system landscape maintenance (transaction SMSY).
You have selected a CCMS context in the system’s check.
1. Call the SAP Solution Manager Administration work center.
2. Choose the Solutions view and the Operations Setup tab page.
3. Choose System Monitoring and follow the Setup System Monitoring link.
You go to Change Mode: Solution Monitoring.
4. Choose the User Defined Alerts check for the system, instance or server.
5. Choose an alert from the possible entries help for the Alert Long Name column.
The Alert Long Name is the MTE name in the local or central CCMS.
The system offers you all the alerts in the CCMS context specified in the check at system level <SAP system> <SID>.
If the input help is empty, check whether the selected CCMS context exists and is accessible. If the system exists, you get the input help. Otherwise, check the RFC connection.
6. Enter the alert name in the Alert Name column.
You can overwrite the alert name in the table.
7. Activate monitoring for the alert, by setting the Active? flag.
You can see and change the alert attributes in the local system CCMS, e.g. analysis methods for the alert. Choose Properties.
8. Save your entries.
You can display the user-defined alerts of your managed systems in the SAP Solution Manager alert graphic and alert overview.