Initial distribution performs a one-off transfer of customizing, from a source system into target systems.
The customizing is written into the target system tables without a foreign key check.
You have satisfied all the Customizing distribution prerequisites. For more information, see Set Up Automatic Customizing Distribution.
1. Choose Tools → Customizing → Distribution → Setup Customizing Distribution in the SAP menu, or call the transaction scdt_setup.
The system displays all synchronization groups which are flagged for Customizing Distribution, and their projects and source systems.
2. Choose Create.
You go to a dialog screen, in which you can enter the Customizing distribution data.
3. If you want to restrict the distribution to certain objects, specify a synchronization group.
If you do not specify a synchronization group, all objects, which are predefined as synchronization objects by SAP, are distributed.
4. Choose the Distribution Type No Automatic Distribution.
5. Specify a logical system, from which the Customizing is to be distributed into the other systems, under Source System.
6. Enter the target logical systems in the Target Systems table.
The system displays the logical systems which have been created for this project, in the SAP Solution Manager Project Administration in the input help. For more information, see Project Administration.
7. Choose the Initial Distribution pushbutton.
The data is transferred from the source system into the target systems. You can now release the associated transport requests, to transport the data, for example, into a quality assurance system.
The initial distribution does not save the data you enter, but you can set-up an automatic Customizing distribution directly after the initial distribution and save, to distribute all changes to customizing objects in the source system, into the target systems.