The Customizing Distribution uses various mechanisms to lock customizing in the target client. For all locks:
● You can only lock standard customizing objects (views, view clusters, tables with text tables).
● The locks are target client-dependent.
Customizing locks (SCDT_LOCK)
Use: Lock customizing objects against
changes in the target system, locally, without distributing customizing.
For further information, see: Insert Local Locks for Customizing Objects
● For prerequisites for required SAP basis or SAP WAS support packages in the managed systems, see SAP Note 753005
Customizing Distribution (SCDT_SETUP)
BC Set lock
● Lock distributed entries field-wise, if the editor lock for the target system is set at distribution
● Use: Transport-controlled distribution (automatic customizing distribution, delta distribution, distribution of individual transports), not initial distribution
Lock Customizing Distribution (remote lock) with flag “Lock Editor in Target System”
● The customizing objects are locked in the target client, possibly filtered.
When local locks have been set-up in the same target client by customizing locks, they replace the remote lock, for performance reasons.
Example: You have four synchronization groups, A, B, C and D, which are used actively in customizing distributions, in the same target client Z. Synchronization group A also has a local lock in target client Z. The local lock replaces the lock logic for B, C and D, as well as the explicitly selected synchronization group A, for performance reasons.
● Use: All distribution types, whether transport-controlled or not
● For prerequisites for required SAP basis or SAP WAS support packages in the managed systems, see SAP Note 628690