Quotation Creation Process (CS)
You can use quotation creation in Customer Service (CS) for different
scenarios. The process flow is described using an example scenario and is also valid for the other objects for which you can perform a quotation (with planned resource-related billing).
You have maintained a
Dynamic Item Processor Profile (DIP Profile).
You have created a revenue-bearing service order.
You have specified a billing form in the tab Header data.
You have maintained the following sales and distribution data under Extras® Sales and distribution data:
- Sales organization
- Distribution channel
service product, you have specified a service product and selected the characteristic Product in the DIP profile.
- You have specified a DIP profile in the tab Control.
- You have specified a customer.
- You have entered planned costs (planned working time and material) in the tab Component or Operations.
- You have not released the service order, only opened it.
If the system differentiates the planned costs (totals records) in the sales price basis according to material and should give a representation specifying quantities, select the following indicators when you create a material:
- On the tab Costing 1: the indicator Material origin
- On the tab Costing 1: the indicator Quantity structure
You create a service order and enter the planned costs in it.
You create a quotation, that is, a sales pricing, for the service order.
- When you create a sales pricing, the following occurs:
It sorts the dynamic items according to the SD document items and determines the sales price using
SD Price Determination. The system uses the document category specified in the DIP profile to determine the pricing procedure required for this. Other necessary data for the pricing procedure, the sold-to party for example, is defined in the order.
- The system determines the item of the sales price basis based on the planned costs using the
Sales Price Basis
Sales Price View
- You can choose between two views for processing:
You can process the costing data in both views and change the views at any time.
- You save the quotation.
The service order obtains the status QUCR (Quotation created) and cannot be released so long as it has this status.
- You send the quotation to the customer.
- If necessary, you confirm the acceptance of the quotation by the customer.
If you confirm the acceptance of the quotation by the customer, the system generates a billing request.
The billing request has the following significance:
- In Sales and Distribution, a quotation is first considered as accepted when a sales order (for example, a billing request) has been created for a quotation. When the quotation is accepted, the system therefore creates a billing request, that you have specified in the dynamic item processor profile using the sales document type.
- If you perform resource-related billing for the service order, the billing request has no further purpose.
- If you perform flat-rate billing, you create the subsequent billing document on the basis of this billing request.
For more information about billing, see
Resource-Related Billing (CS).