In the Settings menu you can tailor your individual cFolders user settings to your personal requirements.
The appearance of the Settings screen depends partly on the system settings carried out under Network Administration and cFolders Administration.
The Meetings and File Storage tab pages are only displayed if you choose Network Administration in the overview tree and set the Activate Meetings indicator on the Meetings tab page and the Activate File Storage indicator on the File Storage tab page.
Furthermore, the Diagnosis tab page is only displayed if you choose cFolders Administration in the overview tree and set the Diagnosis Settings Active indicator on the General tab page.
You can define the following to suit your individual requirements under Settings:
1. On the General tab page you can:
○ Select the scenario or scenarios with which the user wants to work.
○ Select a language or your own terminology.
○ Activate Standards.
○ Specify a screen as your home page.
The system automatically navigates to this page when you choose Home. You can also return to the home page by clicking the logo in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
○ Activate the Display Tooltips switch.
This will enable you to navigate to all interface texts and other inactive interface elements using the tab key.
○ Activate the indicator for supporting a front-end plug-in.
This is a Java Applet that enables and supports extended file functions, such as a checkout process. For more information about plug-ins, see Plug-In for Processing Files. You can use the Check My Local Settings hyperlink to call the plug-in test page. This lets you check whether the plug-in can run with your browser.
○ Specify a file server where you want to save and/or read data.
Usually, a location is associated with a file server that allows optimum network access within the location. If you cannot find your file server, choose the Standard Server setting or consult your cFolders system administrator. For more information, see Distributed File Servers.
2. On the Layout tab page you can:
○ Deactivate or activate the help texts that appear on the cFolders interface by setting the Experienced User indicator.
○ Display the icons that are used in cFolders by setting the Display Icons indicator.
○ Change the appearance of cFolders
You can store bitmaps as logos for the top left, middle, and right sections of the screen or you can specify a style sheet. A user can only change the appearance of cFolders if he or she is an administrator. If this is not the case, the user can only see the settings made by the administrator.
3. On the Meetings tab page you can:
○ Enter the data required to log onto the WebEx Meeting Service, such as the meeting user ID and the meeting password.
○ Check whether the user has access to the meeting host function
If the Meeting Host indicator has been set here, the system gives the user the relevant authorization under User Administration on the Standard Settings tab page.
4. On the Notifications tab page you can:
○ Specify whether and in what time interval the user is to receive notifications as e-mails.
○ Specify the date and time when the e-mail notifications are to be sent, if the user wants to receive notifications by e-mail.
5. On the User tab page you can:
○ Enter general user data such as first name, last name, telephone number, extension, e-mail, and password.
○ Select the time zone, the date format, the decimal format, and specify the category ID.
6. On the Roles tab page you can:
○ Get an overview of the roles that are assigned to the user.
If you have the appropriate authorization, you can assign new roles to your user or delete roles you no longer require.
7. On the Diagnosis tab page you can:
○ Display the text IDs of all texts that appear on the cFolders interface and the trace (only important for correcting software errors).
This tab page is only displayed if the Diagnosis Settings Active indicator has been set on the General tab page under cFolders Administration.
8. On the File Storage tab page you can:
○ Specify whether you want to use the file storage function.
To do this, you have to set the Activate File Storage indicator. If your cFolders system administrator has set up a user ID and a password specifically for you, enter your user and password. Otherwise, leave the User Login and User Password fields blank.
This tab page is only available in the settings if your system administrator has set up file storage for you under Network Administration on the File Storage tab page and provided a connection to an external file transfer tool in your cFolders system.