You use transaction CFE01 to copy documents from a back-end system to the cFolders system.
· SAP R/3, release 4.6B or higher (the back-end system)
· SAP R/3 Plug-In 2001.2 with SP02 or higher
1. Start transaction CFE01 in the back-end system.
2. In SAP Document Management (DMS), select the documents you want to copy to the cFolders system. To select individual documents, you can either enter their key, use the DMS search function, or select them from a list of documents using the product structure browser. The system searches these documents for the original application files and for each that it finds, it creates an entry in the table displayed in the lower half of the screen. You can delete any files you do not require from the list. If you need other documents, select the Find button again.
If you select the documents using the product structure browser, use drag and drop to drag the required documents to the right-hand side of the screen. Then select Transfer objects or Ctrl+F7.
3. In the cFolders Application field, choose a cFolders system to which a connection was created during installation.
4. Select all table entries that are to be copied to a cFolders folder. Then choose Set folder. Select the target folder in the cFolders system. You need write authorization for this target folder. Carry out this step for all table entries.
If necessary, you can change the names of the cFolders documents by selecting them in a table.
5. Choose Check. Among other things, the system checks whether the selected documents are already in the cFolders system. If this is the case, their change date is displayed in the Changed field. Correct any errors that are reported during the check.
6. Now choose Copy Documents. All original application files in the list, in other words, not just the selected ones, are copied to the cFolders system. Documents that already exist in cFolders are not overwritten. Instead, the system creates a new version of the current document.
Some data from the documents in the back-end system, for example, the document number, is transferred as an alias into the cFolders system. To begin with, however, this alias is not displayed. You can change this in the cFolders system. To do this, you need administration authorization in the work area in a competitive scenario or in the collaboration in a collaborative scenario:
a. Go to the detail screen of the work area (competitive scenario) or the detail screen of the collaboration (collaborative scenario).
b. Choose Aliases and select a new alias, for example, document number.
c. Activate the Display indicator.
d. Save the changes.
An alias created in this way (by the back-end system) cannot be changed in the cFolders system, because the back-end system needs the alias to find the "original" of this document if the document is transported back into the back-end system.