You can create new project roles or copy existing ones.
You have created a project. See Creating a Project Definition.
You are in the Resources tab page in the Projects initial view.
Creating a new project role
1. Choose Create Role.
2. In the General group box, select the required project role type.
The system displays default project role types according to the project type. You make the required settings in the Implementation Guide in the following activity: Collaboration Projects → Resource Management → Define Project Roles for Project Type.
3. Enter a name for the project role.
4. If required, enter a description of the project role.
5. If required, specify the time period.
6. Specify the required capacity and the time unit.
7. Save your data.
Copying an existing project role
1. Select the project role that you want to copy.
2. Choose Copy Role.
When performing direct staffing, the project role is copied along with its attributes (required capacity, qualification requirements and task assignments) and candidates.
When using the staffing process, the project role is copied along with its attributes (required capacity, qualification requirements and task assignments).
Regardless of the method, resource staffing and appointments are not copied.
3. Save your data.
The new project role is displayed in the group box on the left. You can now assign tasks, qualifications, and resources to the project role.