The SAP system requires the following data for creating an account assignment object and carrying out costing:
● Controlling scenario
The controlling scenario depends on the project type. You define it in ERP Customizing for Integration with Other SAP Components, by choosing Collaboration Projects → Controlling → Define Controlling Scenario.
● Organizational data:
○ Controlling area
○ Company code
○ Business area
○ Cost center
○ Profit center
The organizational units in cProjects are synchronized with those in Organizational Management. For more information, see the Implementation Guide (IMG) for cProjects under Resource Management → Basic Settings for Resource Management → Application Link Enabling (ALE) for HR Integration.
The system determines the data for creating the account assignment object, as follows:
● If you make the data available externally, for example, in the form of a customer enhancement, this data is valid; it is not overwritten by the data determined in the SAP system.
● If you do not make this data available externally, the system determines the data from the organizational units in Organizational Management that were replicated from SAP Human Resources (HR) to the cProjects system (see "Prerequisites"). The system determines the cost center by searching upwards in the organizational structure and using the responsible organizational unit you specified in cProjects on the Structure → Additional Data tab page in the Responsible Organizational Unit area → Org. Responsible. The system transfers the remaining data from this cost center.
● If you did not specify a responsible organizational unit or the system could not determine its data, in single-object controlling for internal orders the system determines the data using the model order for the order type CPR1. You edit the model order in ERP Customizing for Controlling, by choosing Internal Orders → Order Master Data → Screen Layout → Define Model Orders. In multilevel controlling, the data is derived from the project profile CPR0001. For more information, see SAP Note 977951.
The system determines the data for costing the account assignment object, as follows:
The controlling area and company code are determined from the account assignment object.
● In task-based or role-based costing with no resource assignment:
To derive the cost center (as actual sender of the costs to the account assignment object), the system checks the Business Add-Ins (BAdIs) DPR_FIN_GECCO_ATTR in the cProjects system and then IAOM_ATTRIBUTES (implementation ATTRIBUTES_CPROJECTS) in the ERP system for task and project attributes or project and role attributes. The BAdIs can be found in the Implementation Guide (IMG) for cProjects under Connection to External Systems → Accounting Integration → Business Add-Ins (BAdIs) → BAdI: Additional Attributes for Replication Using Single-Object Controlling and in the IMG for the ERP system under Integration with Other SAP Components → Collaboration Projects → Controlling → Business Add-Ins (BAdIs) → Characteristics of CO Account Assignment to Be Created or Changed. If no cost center can be derived there, the system checks the organizational unit assigned in the project definition. If no cost center can be found there either, the system checks in the account assignment object whether a cost center has been entered in the Requesting Cost Center field. Since a sender has to exist for consistency reasons and to show the allocation in costing, the dummy attribute value NOT_KNOWN is used instead of a cost center if the cost center is missing in the account assignment object.
● In role-based costing with resource assignment:
The resource is relevant for deriving the data relevant to costing. Therefore, when deriving the cost center, the system first checks the BAdIs DPR_FIN_GECCO_ATTR and IAOM_ATTRIBUTES (see above) for project and role attributes. If no cost center can be derived from there, the system checks each organizational unit to which the resource is assigned. If no cost center is found there either, the system searches for a cost center in the organizational unit of the project. If no cost center can be determined there either, the system searches in the master record of the account assignment object. If no cost center is found there, the dummy attribute value NOT_KNOWN is used instead of a cost center.