You can use an SAP Business Workflow in cProjects to trigger an approval or rejection of a resource booking or to change a soft booking of a resource to a hard booking.
You have completed the IMG activity Activate Workflows in Customizing for Collaboration Projects under Basic Settings.
1. The workflow is triggered when a resource is assigned to a project role or an old booking is changed and the booking type of a resource is marked as Soft Booked by a resource manager.
2. The line manager of the resource for whom a soft booking was created and for whom you want to create a hard booking, receives a mail containing a link to the portal from where he or she can approve or reject the booking.
3. A work item appears in the line manager’s inbox under Home → Overview → Inbox containing the booking details and the pushbuttons Approve Booking and Reject Booking.
4. If the line manager approves the booking, the workflow automatically converts the booking from Soft Booked to Hard Booked in the background and the process continues. The line manager receives a mail if the conversion of the booking type failed, for instance if the project or role is locked. If this is the case, he or she needs to execute the booking again by means of a new work item. If the booking type is successfully converted from soft-booked to hard-booked, the resource manager(s), project manager(s), and the resource receive a mail notifying them that the booking was confirmed.
5. If the line manager rejects the booking, the booking type remains unchanged as soft-booked and the resource manager(s), project manager(s), and the resource receive a mail notifying them that the booking was rejected.
Resource managers can be assigned the following project role types:
● Project Lead
● Resource Manager via Authorization
● Resource Manager via Responsible Organization
You can make the required assignments in the IMG for cProjects under Resource Management → Basic Settings for Project Roles → Define Project Role Types.