The custom configuration screen allows you to configure charts and patterns which you can then see in other contexts in the reporting cockpit.
You navigate to this iView by choosing Portfolio Management → Administration. Choose Custom Configuration.
Custom configuration provides the following options:
Specify the field names and menu options that shall appear in respective dashboards.
Charting Pattern (for charts and tables)
Specify the header, type, dimensions, labels for charts/tables that would be displayed in the respective chart/table in the reporting cockpit.
Specify which charts and tables, defined under Charting Pattern, shall be displayed in the reporting cockpit.
You can configure the patterns with the following data sources:
To create a new dashboard configuration, you take the following steps:
1. Select a data source.
2. Enter a descriptive table title in Dashboard Header.
3. Enter a value for Width (Note: The width can be entered either in pixel or percentage (for ex. “600px”/ “75%”). If you do not enter a width entry, the table width is defaulted to 100%.
4. Check values for table sorting/ filtering.
5. Select required buttons on the dashboard toolbar.
6. Add dashboard columns by selecting single/ multiple fields in the table Fields and choose Add as Column(s).
7. Move added dashboard columns up or down by using Move up/ Move down on the table Dashboard Columns.
8. Remove not required columns from the table Dashboard Columns by selecting column and choosing Remove.
9. Configure each column to be either text, link, or linked icon by checking values for Icon and Link in every selected column.
10. Choose Preview to view runtime instance of current configuration data.
11. Enter configuration name in Save As field and choose Save.
To create a new chart configuration, you take the following steps:
1. Pick a chart type, which matches your requirements.
2. Fill out all header fields like Description, Chart Header and so on.
3. Assign one field to each chart dimension. To assign a field to a chart dimension.
¡ Select the chart dimension either via the drop-down list-box or by selecting the corresponding row in Chart Dimensions table.
¡ After you have selected a chart dimension, set a filter for Data Type row in Fields table. With this, only fields are shown with a data type which matches the selected chart dimension. It is not recommended to assign fields with a different data type then the suggested one. Most of the times this would cause a dump when the chart is rendered.
¡ Assign a field to the chart dimension by selecting the corresponding row in the Fields table and choose Map.
4. Save the configuration.
5. After the configuration has been saved, you can assign it to a cockpit configuration.
The following chart types are supported:
Each rendered object is represented by one circle; the position and size of that circle are defined by assigned dimensions.
A vs. B Portfolio
Each rendered object is represented by one circle; the position and size of that circle are defined by assigned dimensions. This chart can be used as a risk/reward diagram.
Each rendered object is represented by one column – Used to do a nominal comparison.
Column Sets Chart
Each rendered object is represented by three columns – Used to compare forecast / planned / actual numbers of several objects.
Each rendered object is represented by one bar – Used to do a nominal comparison.
In this chart the x-axis represents time. Each rendered object is represented by one bar with its length defined by the assigned start and end time of that object.
In this chart the x-axis represents time. Each rendered object is represented by three bars with their length defined by the assigned start and end times of that object. Used to compare forecast / planned / actual dates of several objects.
To create a new cockpit configuration, you take the following steps:
1. Fill out all header fields like Description, Cockpit Header and so on.
2. Add as many tables or charts as you need to your cockpit by choosing Add Table/Chart.
3. Set the Place in Individual Trays indicator to create a separate tray in the reporting cockpit for the data source selected above.
You can get a first idea how the cockpit is going to look like from the Cockpit Layout area.
4. Select Chart or Table in the Select Chart or Table area to add appropriate figure in the reporting cockpit. Select the chart or table name from the dropdown list.
5. Specify the Tray Title to identify the tray in the reporting cockpit
6. Click Apply Changes to include the above selected chart or table to the Cockpit Layout area.
7. You can arrange the position of each cell (chart or table) within the cockpit by
○ Changing the number of columns of the cockpit: Change the value in the Columns field and choose Apply.
○ Selecting a cell and clicking Move up/Left and Move Down/Right.
○ Changing the column span of a cell: Select a cell, change the value in the Column Span field and choose Apply Changes.
8. Define the content of each cell.
○ Select a cell.
○ Set the cell to be a chart or table via the matching indicator.
○ If the cell is a chart, assign a chart configuration.
○ If the cell is a table, assign a dashboard configuration.
○ If you have set the header field indicator Place in individual Trays, provide a Tray Title.
9. Save the configuration.
10. After the configuration has been saved it can be assigned to a cockpit configuration.
· To view the charts/tables layout, click Preview.
You can preview a cockpit only once without restarting. If you want to preview it again, you must save the configuration, restart the iView by choosing Custom Configuration in the navigation panel and then reload the newly saved configuration.
· To load an existing configuration, enter the name in the View/Edit Configuration field and click Load.
· To delete an existing configuration, enter the name in the View/Edit Configuration field and click Delete.