You assign users to a role with this procedure.
● You have created a menu for the new role and set up the authorizations.
● You have created the users that you want to assign to the role.
1. Choose Tools ® Administration ® User maintenance ® Roles (transaction PFCG).
2. Specify the role to which you want to assign one or more users.
3. Choose the User tab page.
The status display on the tab page tells you whether users have already been assigned to the role.
○ Red: No users assigned
○ Green: At least one user assigned
○ Yellow: Although users are assigned, user master comparison is not current
For composite roles, the status display refers only to the assignment of users.
4. Enter as many user IDs as desired in the list.
Enter the user IDs either directly or from the possible entries help. You can make a multiple selection with the Select pushbutton, such as all users in a user group.
You can specify a validity period for the assignment in the other columns. When you assign users to the role, the default start date is the current date and the default end date is the 31.12.9999. You can change these default values.
5. Perform a user comparison if necessary.
The generated profile is not entered in the user master record until the users have been compared. Changes to the users assigned to the roles and the generation of an authorization profile also require a comparison.
You must then perform a user comparison on the User tab page, to automatically enter the generated authorization profiles in the user master record for the assigned users.
If you do not want to restrict the assignment validity period (current date until 31.12.9999), no further action is required. If you want to limit the validity period, you must periodically schedule the report transaction PFUD daily to update the user master records. It must also be scheduled if you use the organizational management.
You cannot enter generated authorization profiles directly into user master records. Generated profiles are only assigned to user master records by assigning users to roles and then comparing users. The profiles for the role are entered in all appropriate user master records.
You have the following options for performing a user comparison:
○ Choose the User Comparison button on the User tab page. The users are compared for the role you created. The status displayed for this key specifies whether a new comparison must be made.
○ Choose Utilities ® Settings ® Automatic comparison at save. When you save the role, a user comparison is performed automatically.
○ Wait until the user comparison is made with the program PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY. Set the HR-Organizational Management Comparison indicator on the selection screen of report RHAUTUPD_NEW.
You should schedule the report PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY periodically (preferably daily) as a background job. This ensures that user authorizations are regularly updated. The program performs a complete user master comparison for all roles. The authorizations are updated in the user master records. The authorization profiles of user assignments which have become invalid are removed from the user master record. The authorization profiles of valid user assignments to the role are entered.
Users who are assigned to a composite role are displayed on a gray background in the roles in the composite role. The entries cannot be changed. They should only be changed in the composite role.
If you perform a user master comparison for the composite role, it performs a user master comparison for all roles in the composite role.
The Org.Management pushbutton is only displayed if you have defined an active plan variant in the current client, as this is required to use organizational management.
If this is the case, at the start of transaction PFCG, choose Goto ® Settings ® Complete view The Org.Management pushbutton is then displayed on the User tab page.
For information about indirect role assignment using organizational management, see Indirect Role Assignment Using Organizational Management (OM).