To create a project based on a specific template, proceed as follows:
- Launch the SAP Web IDE in a web browser.
- From the File menu, choose .
- Select Smart Template Application as the template category for
project generation and choose Next.
- Enter a Project Name, Title, and the
Application Component Hierarchy and choose
Editing basic project information in the new project wizard of the SAP Web IDE
- To specify the Data Connection, choose Service
Catalog, select the Gateway system from the list, and then
choose the service that you created in the last procedure. Now choose
Specifying the service from SAP Gateway system
- Since the OData service received from SAP Gateway does not provide any UI annotations,
the list of annotation files is empty. Therefore, this step is not relevant for
your template and you can ignore the annotation selection. Now choose
Annotation Selection: In our case, the OData service does not provide any available UI-related metadata
- Assign the name of the original data model (CDS consumption view) to Data
Binding template parameter. Then choose
Assigning the CDS view fro consumption
- Confirm your project information in the last wizard page and choose
The project wizard creates the SAP Fiori app based on Fiori Smart Templates.
The SAP Web IDE automatically opens the new project in the workspace under a folder with the project name that you specified and displays the project tree:
Project tree created in the SAP Web IDE