A SAPUI5 application view can only be created for a SAPUI5 application project that has been created with the SAPUI5 Application Wizard and not for other kinds of projects.
- A SAPUI5 application view name needs to be unique inside the project
- The specified folder for a SAPUI5 application view needs to be
WebContent/<application name> or a sub folder.
- Choose SAPUI5 Application View wizard. to open the New
- Fill in the required data:
- Select the SAPUI5 application project, in which you want to create the
- Select a folder, in which you want to store the view (default is WebContent/<application name>).
- Enter a name for the view.
- Select the development paradigm with which you want to develop your view.
When you finish the wizard, the system creates the view in the specified folder. The file name suffix
indicates the development paradigm:
- <viewname>.view.xml for XML views
- <viewname>.view.json for JSON views
- <viewname>.view.html for HTML views
If the corresponding index.html file contains sap.m lib in the bootstrap, that is, if the SAPUI5 application project has been created for a mobile target device, the view
contains coding for instantiating a mobile page control sap.m.Page.
The system also creates a controller file
<viewname>.controller.js with draft coding.
Note If you rename the view or controller file, or move them to a different folder,
the coding in the view and controller and in the places where the view is used needs to be adapted manually.